Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Miniature Post Series: Miniature Felted Animals

I never could have imagined the world I would uncover by typing "Needlefelted Animal" into Etsy's search bar. There is a world of people out there, sitting at home, creating strange fantasy creatures, bubble-bathing squirrels,  and cartoon-like animals (hot pink dinosaur? It's true) out of felted roving yarns. But rather than create a post centered around the peculiar and not entirely aesthetically pleasing felted creatures of the world's retired craftswomen, I've decided to bring to you what good has come of the felting movement (that's right, I'm deeming it a movement). 

The movement's most popular product might be the custom-created felt version of man's best friend. About four out of ten results for felted animals fall under this category, and they sell particularly well for a two-inch-tall object that costs between 95 and 200 dollars. And to tell you the truth, I would probably purchase one if I could logically work it into my budget. It's the less creepy way to eternalize your favorite pet, if you understand what I mean.
{above: Custom Pet Sculpture by KayK9s.}


{above: Bunny by LittleElfsToyshop; Fox by WoolComesAlive.}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello I want to congratulate to them by its site of the Web of the excellent looks like entertained and very good very to me it elaborated. I invite them to that they explore a little on my Web site.lots in Costa Rica